Saturday 24 August 2013

Crumble

Shakespeare has written about love, fantasy, ghosts, relationships which crumble into pieces. Crumble, as in breaking down in to pieces, or us breaking it down.

It was winter, around 20th December.i jumped up from bed, and remembered I had to attend my   best friend’s wedding. Looking back when I was 23, I was very excited to attend her wedding. Now, it was just a formality.

We were best friends once, and promised each other I would be together forever. But our relationship crumbled when she decided to marry the man I loved, the same man who had betrayed me. I was happy atleast, that I would not be betrayed again.


The relationship crumbled… and its thoughts were making me weak. But I was going to go anyway to the wedding of my former lover and best friend.

--Dishari Sarkar
Department of English
UG 1

No comments:

Post a Comment